Drive mapping rendering

I have one user id which we use to logon to several machines. I noticed that some machines had the full drive mapping folders list and some only had a partial list of folders for the same drive mapping. As I am using the same id for all the machines they will all have exactly the same files/folder rights. Is there an explanation for this?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

It depends on how you map your users' shared drives:
- By logon script
- By remembered connections
Since you're not posting your current method, we can't tell.

Tim Brown said:
I have one user id which we use to logon to several machines. I noticed
that some machines had the full drive mapping folders list and some only had
a partial list of folders for the same drive mapping. As I am using the same
id for all the machines they will all have exactly the same files/folder
rights. Is there an explanation for this?

Ivan Sheng [MSFT]

Correct answer. Community response.

-Ivan

--------------------
| From: "Pegasus \(MVP\)" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Drive mapping rendering
| Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:46:03 +1000
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| It depends on how you map your users' shared drives:
| - By logon script
| - By remembered connections
| Since you're not posting your current method, we can't tell.
|

| | > I have one user id which we use to logon to several machines. I noticed
| that some machines had the full drive mapping folders list and some only
had
| a partial list of folders for the same drive mapping. As I am using the
same
| id for all the machines they will all have exactly the same files/folder
| rights. Is there an explanation for this?

Tim Brown

The user ID runs the login script from a GPO

Pegasus (MVP) said:
It depends on how you map your users' shared drives:
- By logon script
- By remembered connections
Since you're not posting your current method, we can't tell.

that some machines had the full drive mapping folders list and some only had
a partial list of folders for the same drive mapping. As I am using the same
id for all the machines they will all have exactly the same files/folder
rights. Is there an explanation for this?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Time to run some tests:
- Map the drives manually from a Command Prompt, using
a sequence of "net use" commands.
- Execute the logon script from a Command Prompt like so:
\\ServerName\netlogon\netlogon.bat
- Modify your netlogon script like so:
@echo off
if /i %UserName%==ProblemUser echo on
net use s: \\ . . .
. . .
if /i %UserName%==ProblemUser pause

Inser appropriate values for ServerName, netlogon.bat and
ProblemUser.

These three tests should give you a fair idea about the cause
of your problem.