downloading music

G

hope someone can help ,i have tried everywhereand everything but no luck yet ,I paid for music from both mycokemusic and MSN music club but every time i try to download it wont work, when i get the tech help on the site to check pc the dr download thing always gives all green ticks and says i can download,i have all the things i need ,to test the pc it says to download the sample song ,i get this fine but still cannot get any other music.I dont know if this has anything to do with it but i have problems with IE6 and when i go to help and support centre >networkconnections >and go to internet explorer troubleshooter and get that to investigate i get this >Are you connected to the Internet?
This troubleshooter has detected that your computer cannot ping your default gateway. This indicates that you are not connected to the Internet

To view Web pages, you must be connected to the Internet using a network adapter or a modem

For assistance in troubleshooting Internet connection problems, go to the Networking Troubleshooter

This is while i am ON LINE also when i go totools >network diagnostics> scan your sytem it says :- internet explorer web proxy - not configured ,has this got anything to do with how windows cannot detect my network settings ,I have a dial up connection AOL Aztech V-90 modem if anyone has any ideas i would be very grateful as so far i have contacted microsoft ,Packard Bell ,hunted through message boards but no luck

G

Try installing the latest service pack for internet explorer. If u have already done so than try downloading the stuff without using any download manager or accelerator. I feven after that u have problems then check if ur comp is behind any sort of firewall

G

thank you axl, i have got the latest update for internet explorer and yes i am on an internet connection firewall,but i tried the downloads with it off ,made no difference, so i am going to try again with the new update installed if that dont work ,i will try the other reply from mark evans see how i get on with that ,thanks for your hel

----- Axl wrote: ----

Try installing the latest service pack for internet explorer. If u have already done so than try downloading the stuff without using any download manager or accelerator. I feven after that u have problems then check if ur comp is behind any sort of firewall

G

I went to the site you recommended and it was this bit at the bottom that caught my eye:- MORE INFORMATIO
When this problem occurs, you can confirm that you have a working connection to the Internet through the use of TCP/IP command-line utilities, such as ping and tracert. THIS ,i think might be the problem but i dont know how to sort it, I have used the internet explorer troubleshooter and tried the"ping commnd" and i got the "4 packets sent ,4 packets received, 0 packets lost so according to that i am connected but if i get the troubleshooter to investigate i get this
This troubleshooter has detected that your computer cannot ping your default gateway. This indicates that you are not connected to the Internet

To view Web pages, you must be connected to the Internet using a network adapter or a modem." NOW how can it not detect i am online , i just dont get it ,if you have any ideas on this please dont know if this is why i cant get the music but you never know

Ask a Question