Download Limit

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just been looking at a Sky / Broadband deal but theres a download limit, now to be honest i dont actually download a great deal of things now anyway but i do play a lot of online games i.e Flight Sim in Multiplayer, WoW, SL and Entropia Universe now what i really want to know is how much do these actually use as you play them? I dont expect it to be a great amount but over a month can this mount up? Sometimes for instance SL may also have streaming music during play which surely must also add to it? I dont really have much of a clue about this so would greatly appreciate any of your thoughts on this.

Cheers Lee.

P.S Actually is there any program that monitors just how much traffic up and down? Id love to be able to run something that for a week or so and see just actually what i am uploading / downloading!!

Reaction score
FSman said:
P.S Actually is there any program that monitors just how much traffic up and down? Id love to be able to run something that for a week or so and see just actually what i am uploading / downloading!!
I run NetMeter.:thumb:
Download from HERE

Reaction score
Nice One

Cheers Feckit that looks like it will do exactly what i want
bowdown.gif
Installed and running now :thumb:

Reaction score
whilst I was with Sky, I did download more than the limit on my account which is 8gb per month.

They were not too picky, if you keep downloading too much such as 20gb per month then they will come and contact you, but if you are slightly over and the next month only use 2gb download they won't be too bothered.

At the end of the day Sky are giving their customer this limit because they have a limit of bandwidth with their associated hosting company. :)

You needn't worry too much, worse they can do is cut you off and a quick phone call will solve this.

Reaction score
Oh i see, nice one psd99 as long as its not significantly over then i wont worry if i do go for this package. I noticed by the way that you said whilst you Were with sky, take it you changed provider? Why was that mate? Were they up to scratch on the net front?

Cheers Lee.

Ask a Question