downgrading to Win2K sp2 from sp4

I want to bring up a setup where I need to have Win2K with Service Pack 2, where as I have Win2K with SP4.
How can I downgrade.
I tried settings->control panel->add/remove programs
but, I cud not see any Service Packs there which I could remove.

Can any one help me out doing this.

thanks in advance.
Karunakar.

Dave Patrick

These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Then be sure to apply these ones before connecting to any network.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-012.mspx

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Hi,
| I want to bring up a setup where I need to have Win2K with Service Pack 2,
where as I have Win2K with SP4.
| How can I downgrade.
| I tried settings->control panel->add/remove programs
| but, I cud not see any Service Packs there which I could remove.
|
| Can any one help me out doing this.
|
| thanks in advance.
| Karunakar.

Hi Mr. Deve, thanks.
Thanks for ur reply.
sorry for the delay in my reply. The link which you gave is not relavent to me.
My question is different, I have a CD win2k with sevice pack4.
When i install it, its Win2K;sp4. But I want to downgrade it to service pack 3/ sp2.
It wont allow me to install lower sp's over that.

I need it bcoz, i have to test my s/w on sp2/sp3.
Could you plz, tell me how to do this.

Best regards
karunakar.

Dave Patrick

Not possible with an integrated install CD-Rom

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Hi Mr. Deve, thanks.
| Thanks for ur reply.
| sorry for the delay in my reply. The link which you gave is not relavent
to me.
| My question is different, I have a CD win2k with sevice pack4.
| When i install it, its Win2K;sp4. But I want to downgrade it to service
pack 3/ sp2.
| It wont allow me to install lower sp's over that.
|
| I need it bcoz, i have to test my s/w on sp2/sp3.
| Could you plz, tell me how to do this.
|
| Best regards
| karunakar.

Ralph

It is possible if you created a SP4 uninstall thing before you loaded SP4.
Sorry I can't remember what it was called, but I was asked if I wanted to
create it when I was installing SP4. I did and it creates a large directory
of backup files on my harddrive.

--
remove n u m b e r s to reply

Dave Patrick said:
These may help.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1/75.ASP

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

Then be sure to apply these ones before connecting to any network.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-011.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-012.mspx

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| Hi,
| I want to bring up a setup where I need to have Win2K with Service Pack 2,
where as I have Win2K with SP4.
| How can I downgrade.
| I tried settings->control panel->add/remove programs
| but, I cud not see any Service Packs there which I could remove.
|
| Can any one help me out doing this.
|
| thanks in advance.
| Karunakar.

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)

Ralph said:
It is possible if you created a SP4 uninstall thing before you loaded SP4.
Sorry I can't remember what it was called, but I was asked if I wanted to
create it when I was installing SP4. I did and it creates a large directory
of backup files on my harddrive.
Hi

This is not valid when SP4 is slipstreamed into the OS CD itself,
like Karunakar is using.