Double sided printing with entire workbook with multiple pages

zipzit

I've had this stupid problem that's been driving me crazy for six
months now. I've got this important reference document that's many
pages long. Each page is stored on a seperate xl sheet with seperate
tab. I used to print the thing out on a double sided printer, with all
pages printing double sided. Normally to print a multiple tab
workbook, you select the "entire workbook" mouse button when printing.
Six months ago, things started going weird, with some pages printing
out single sided and other printing out double sided. Nothing that I
tried fixed the problem...

I generally use a hp laserjet 4200 dtn printer. finally figured it out
tonight. Turns out the printer can't change resolution when it prints
double sided. I never noticed before but the XL File --> 'page setup'
includes a setting for print resolution. Its important that all tabs
are page setup to 600 dpi resolution! (Note: I haven't tried setting
every document to 1200... too much wasted paper to test that one out...
) Note too: I work from multiple locations in different cities using a
laptop with many different printers. Not sure all printers that I use
have 1200 dpi resolution.

It's kind of an obtuse problem, but now I can print on both sides of
the paper consistently again. Problem posted/ resolved here if anybody
else needs the help...

-zip in Detroit, MI

Jim Cone

Re...
"Turns out the printer can't change resolution when it prints
double sided. I never noticed before but the XL File --> 'page setup'
includes a setting for print resolution. Its important that all tabs
are page setup to 600 dpi resolution!"

Thanks for posting that. It's something I've never considered.
It will probably help others down the line.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

<[email protected]>