List print quality options for defalut printer

Joshua Fandango

Hi guys,

Anyone know how to list print quality options for the defalut printer?
(Using VBA)

I thought it would be easy, but I've found no clues anywhere!

The purpose of this is to set the print quality of each page to the
same i.e. 600 dpi for printing to .pdfs - that's no problem, but I'd
like the user to be able to select which out of the default printer's
options to use.

An sutiable alternative would be setting to the default printer's
maximum resolution.

Cheers,
JF.

Jim Cone

PageSetUp has a PrintQuality method.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Joshua Fandango"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi guys,
Anyone know how to list print quality options for the defalut printer?
(Using VBA)
I thought it would be easy, but I've found no clues anywhere!
The purpose of this is to set the print quality of each page to the
same i.e. 600 dpi for printing to .pdfs - that's no problem, but I'd
like the user to be able to select which out of the default printer's
options to use.
An sutiable alternative would be setting to the default printer's
maximum resolution.
Cheers,
JF.

Joshua Fandango

Hi Jim,

I found that; any idea how to use it to do what I'm after?

Cheers,
JF

Jim Cone

Well ...
'--
Sub HowHighIsUp()
'Jim Cone - Portland, Oregon USA - Jan 2009
'Determines maximum horizontal PrintQuality setting
Dim M As Double
Dim N As Double
Dim lngMax As Double
M = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintQuality(1)
lngMax = M
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
'Adjust max loop setting for your environment
For N = (M + 100) To (M + 1000) Step 100
On Error Resume Next
.PrintQuality(1) = N
If Err.Number = 0 Then
If lngMax < N Then lngMax = N
Else
Err.Clear
End If
Next 'N
End With
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintQuality(1) = M
MsgBox "Print quality setting is " & M & " " _
& vbCr & "Maximum setting is " & lngMax, _
vbInformation, "Make Sure It Looks Nice"
End Sub
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Joshua Fandango"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi Jim,
I found that; any idea how to use it to do what I'm after?
Cheers,
JF

Joshua Fandango

Fantastic!

Thanks everso much Jim, now I see why I couldn't get anywhere!
I was trying "ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintQuality" - excluding the
"(1)". There was a clue to use it in the help file, but I managed to
overlook it :(

Every day's a school day...

Jim Cone

You are welcome and thanks for the feedback.
'--
Jim Cone

"Joshua Fandango"
<[email protected]>