Do you have a domain name?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hey Mucks, I just went through the registration process with Zen and here's their charges. Is that a bit steep?

Where could I get better?

And luckily enough, the name I was after is free, with a '.co.uk'
AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Far too much! Close that browser window, wash your hands, restart your computer and forget you ever loaded it up ;)

£25 for a domain name is crazy! See the above post! You'll be able to get hosting far cheaper than that from somewhere else at worst if you did have to pay for it (plus that space would no doubt be feature-crippled).

Reaction score
postillsystems.co.uk - £1.99 a year!

www.oneandone.co.uk

we get their mail package for £6.99 per annum - it includes 3 pop3 email addresses (unlimited forwarding addresses and auto replies) 1 of the addresses has Symantec virus scanning on their side so viruses never get through email to your machine.

10 mb boxes i think...

its pretty good - we like it. that coupled with outlook does the job nicely.

As for space that i could put a website on? i'd just use our £1.99 domain with the 50Mb we got free with freeUK

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for advice all :)

And Ian, thanks for offers, of hosting and help, I'll probably need some ;)

I'm still a little confused though, looks like I have some reading to do...

Spooks: Dunno mate, I'm as much in the dark as you are atm :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Flopps there is no such thing as a "free" domain name ... and be very careful where you register.

Register the Domain name with an "proper" Domain Name Registrar, and you can Host it wherever you like.

Some of the "free" domain name registrations end up with you NOT being the owner, they register on your behalf, and they own it. I'm very sceptical with your ISP ... I would prefer it you went and looked around first.

Your ISP seems fine as it stands ... it's your portal to the Internet, leave them that way for now.

:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Flopps there is no such thing as a "free" domain name ... and be very careful where you register.

Register the Domain name with an "proper" Domain Name Registrar, and you can Host it wherever you like.

Some of the "free" domain name registrations end up with you NOT being the owner, they register on your behalf, and they own it. I'm very sceptical with your ISP ... I would prefer it you went and looked around first.

Your ISP seems fine as it stands ... it's your portal to the Internet, leave them that way for now.

:thumb:
Aye, agreed. Thanks mate.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thats an interesting picture there Spooky ;).
Thank you Ian.. However you should see my mum on a bad hair day!!..

Flopps yep this domain thing seems far to silly!.. unless your a company with an image to portray

Im Chuffed to the high heavens that another soul likes chumbawamba...:).. its good honest stuff!!..

All the best to you

Ask a Question