distorted images

i have a problem with distorted images and fuzzy graphics
in ie 6 on my dell latitude notebook. images dispay
perfectly in adobe photoshop. just problems within the
browser. any ideas?

DVarnau

See:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_video&message.id=79881

From
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/highdpi.asp

How to Activate Scaling
Internet Explorer 6 and later automatically adjusts the scale on higher
resolution systems when the DPI setting is higher than 96 DPI and the
"UseHR" registry value is added to the registry. These are usually done by
the manufacturers of higher resolution systems.

Set the DPI
These are the steps for changing the DPI setting on your system.

Right-click the Windows desktop to display the context menu.
Click Properties on the context menu to display the Display Properties
dialog.
Click the Settings tab on the Display Properties dialog to display the
Settings tab.
Click the Advanced button on the Settings tab to display the monitor
properties dialog.
Select a DPI setting in the Display frame of the monitor properties dialog
to change the DPI setting.
Restart your system to allow the changes to take effect.

Run REGEDIT to add the UseHR Registry Entry
The UseHR value is added to the Main key under "Internet Explorer" as
follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Microsoft
Internet Explorer
Main
UseHR= dword:00000001

Hope this helps,
Don

tks Don I will give that a try. much appreciated

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
don_04[at]varnau[dot]org

i have a problem with distorted images and fuzzy graphics
in ie 6 on my dell latitude notebook. images dispay
perfectly in adobe photoshop. just problems within the
browser. any ideas?

.

DVarnau

You're welcome. Those articles will fix things for you.

Don
tks Don I will give that a try. much appreciated
url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/highdpi.asp
[SNIP]
Don