Display Problems

Reaction score
Hi

Read an article here that said red streaky screen = video card faults. Think I have one! Been like this since thursday, randomly happened when I was about to game (EQII). Also when doing 3D, you can see it failing to adequately (no where near) draw triangles.

Any ideas? System is about 4 years old (Evesham Evolution 2800 GB) but would prefer to swap a card than replace whole system.

Thanks.

Using Windows ME, McAfee Antivirus, BT Home Hub to connect to net (but not wirelessly) and computer spec (I just found the ortiginal spec luckily!) as follows: -

256MB DDR ATI Radeon 9600 vid card
Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz (800MHz FSB)
512MB DDR RAM

Reaction score
OK correction to the card - its a 128Mb. And given the system is 2003 vintage, my power supply is 200W max. Can't seem to find a card that works that low now. Any suggestions?

Thnaks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

Yes.

Find another AGP video card that's better specced, buy and fit (I'm assuming it's AGP if it's that old).

Buy a PSU between 350 and 500 watts - a decent brand - and fit.

Backup important stuff, format hard disk thus ditching ME and install Windows XP.

That should see you reasonably ok.

Alternatively buy or build a new machine.

Reaction score
Yup.... as FBS said.... and especially GET RID OF Win ME
It's possibly the most unstable OS ever produced by MS.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...eForce+FX+5200+128MB+DDR+-+AGP?productId=7883

This would do as a straight replacement.

user.gif

Reaction score
Thanks for advice and I shouldn't do this late at night. Just realised I said ME when I meant XP!

Reaction score
Herzberg said:
Just realised I said ME when I meant XP!
:eek:
laughingsmiley.gif

Oh dont worry it's easily done after all the M & E buttons are so close to X & P buttons!!
happywave.gif

Last edited:

Ask a Question