Is Discord safe for kids?

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if Discord is safe for kids to use. I have no experience of it and my 12 year old keeps asking for the app. Does anyone use it.

Reaction score
Same with most Social media nowadays. Be careful

Set up the server for them and make sure they don't join any other than the one they are supposed to
There is explicit content but only if they join the server it is on. I don't use it. Nor does my son
But he does have Tiktok, snapchat, youtube, twitter. These are mostly for gaming videos and I monitor them all via his phone while he is here. And his mother while he is there!

He is almost 13.

Vigilance is the answer

Reaction score
Hi VR. Already use a DNS Manager, generally quite cautious. Twitter and FB are blocked by DNS. Just wasn't sure what Discord was like as I have never used it.

Reaction score
My eldest is already aware of how to change the DNS on his device so there's a limit to how long it will last before the others work it out :eek:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My eldest is already aware of how to change the DNS on his device so there's a limit to how long it will last before the others work it out :eek:
Yeah that is the problem. Time to take admin rights away from him!

Ask a Question