disabling hibernation or standby mode

G

I am having trouble disabling my hibernation/standby mode that will automatically start after being away from my laptop. the screen saver shuts down and it goes into this blackened state and I loose my instant messenger that is signed on at that time. Any ideas??.

T

t.cruise

To disable Hibernation and System Standby:

Right click an empty area on your desktop, left click Properties on the resulting context
menu. When the Display Properties window opens click the Screen Saver tab, then click on
the Power button. On the Power Schemes tab, click the dropdown menu to the right of:
System Standby and scroll to NEVER. Then click the Hibernate tab, and click to REMOVE
the checkmark in the box to the left of: Enable Hibernation. Then click the APPLY and OK
buttons at the bottom of window. You might need to reboot for the new settings to take
effect.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com
Remove [NoSpam] to reply

diane217 said:
I am having trouble disabling my hibernation/standby mode that will automatically start
after being away from my laptop. the screen saver shuts down and it goes into this
blackened state and I loose my instant messenger that is signed on at that time. Any
ideas??.

G

Start/Control Panel/Power Options/
Under System Hibernates select "Never"
Under System Standby select "Never"
Click Apply and OK - reboot.

Ask a Question