Disabled Firewall and Anitvirus Software

G

Every time I start up, my symantec firewall and anti virus software are disabled. When I try to turn them on, the applications opens for a short time and then close. The firewall opens long enough for me to click the options tab but it says I do not have the appropriate priveleges to perform the operation. The anti virus opens long enough for me to start a scan of the drive but then shuts down within a few seconds. I've tried to remove and reinstall. About a minute into the process it says I don't have appropriate privileges. There are 4 users set up on this home computer, none a password protected and mine is the administrator account.

Any ideas

B

G

At computer start-up,tap the F8 key,select start in safe-mode,select,star
as ADM. with networking,open the program,select the options to run on syste
start-up,refigure the rest as needed.You should also go to run,type:Msconfi
In Msconfig chk to see if the program is listed but unchecked,this utility control
windows start-up programs.

B

Bee

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Bee.
--
[I have found my Shangri-La in ntlworld.]

--
scut733 said:
.....the applications opens for a short time and then close......The anti
virus opens long enough for me to start a scan of the drive but then shuts
down within a few seconds. I've tried to remove and reinstall. About a
minute into the process it says I don't have appropriate
privileges.....<snip>

B

Bee

Yahoo Front-Page "Vicious Worm Infects Without Attachment" 2004-03-19
"......They can infect computers without tricking them into opening a file
attachment -- opening an e-mail is all it takes......Like earlier versions
of Bagle, the new variations disable many firewall and antivirus
applications, a technique that has become common among virus writers...... "

Bee.

G

Thanks. Was able to run the anti virus. Have a w32.32.Welchia.B.Worm that was quarintined. But is that all that needs to be done. Both apps are still disabled when running under normal mode and I still can't uninstall and /or reinstallthe firewall app. Any more advice

Thanks
Bob

G

I HAVE A PROBLEM,I INSTALLED A PLAY CIVILIZACION 3,AND A WINDOW OPEN AND SHOW,LOGIN IN ADMINISTARTOR PRIVILEGES,PLEASE WHAT MEAN THAT?

Ask a Question