disable windows logo test

P

Peter Bauer

Hello

I would like to disable the windows logo test, perhabs it's a little bit
difficult to handle this in my software distribution task.
Is there a way to do this ?

Thanks Peter

Reaction score
logo test

Hi

I know that it takes ages to disable and uninstall all those windows xp garbage and still you are bothered by "my documents" terrorism and stuff like that (VSWebCache... grrr or the f* security center..). Microschoft does not like you to be in control of your own computer and xp seems to be for amateurs who are not allowed anything. But this logo test disables me from the ability to install directx9!! (on a perfectly licensed computer by the way...).

Is there a way to download a working directx 9 without microschoft? Is this annoying logo test also happening in windows 2000? Because if I'm correct, that would be the last option to have a normal operating system?

Does anyone have any suggestions to hack this patronizing logo test out of my computer?

Many thanks!! I somehow really need this directx9!

Reaction score
disable driver signing

Start -> Control Panel -> System (or Windows Key + Break does same thing) -> Hardware tab -> Driver Signing -> Ignore

Don Burn said:
I assume you mean the driver signing test. Fortunately the answer is NO!

--
Don Burn (MVP, Windows DDK)
Windows 2k/XP/2k3 Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Remove StopSpam from the email to reply

"Peter Bauer" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Hello
>
> I would like to disable the windows logo test, perhabs it's a little bit
> difficult to handle this in my software distribution task.
> Is there a way to do this ?
>
> Thanks Peter

Ask a Question