directdraw

G

I have been a game on my pc for the last few weeks but now for some reason I have started getting a message appear when I run this game it reads Direct draw initialisation failed, with error code 6-0 please check you have Directx7 or higher installed. I have checked this and have Directx9 installed I have been through the whole of the troubleshooter guide but with no success can anyone help me

G

----- mick wrote: ----

I have been a game on my pc for the last few weeks but now for some reason I have started getting a message appear when I run this game it reads Direct draw initialisation failed, with error code 6-0 please check you have Directx7 or higher installed. I have checked this and have Directx9 installed I have been through the whole of the troubleshooter guide but with no success can anyone help m
If you are going to play games a lot you should partition your hard drive. Keep your OS on the C: drive and your games on a different drive/partition. Some games fragment hard drives a lot. My bro used to have lots of trouble with this after playing for 20 hrs straight his PC would crash. After I got him to put his games on a different partition than his OS he hasn't had any problems. It's worth a try. If you partition with a utility like partition magic you shouldn't loose any of your data. Should take less than an hour.

Ask a Question