Direct X

Theresa

There is a Critical Update (Security Update for DirectX
9.0) KB839643 for Windows XP. I have Home Edition and
have no clue what DirectX is or if I need to do this
update. Could someone please tell me what DirectX is or
does??
Thanks in advance
Theresa

Carey Frisch [MVP]

DirectX is a Windows technology that enables higher performance in graphics
and sound when you're playing games or watching video on your PC.

Microsoft DirectX Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/di...=/windows/directx/productinfo/faq/default.htm

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-016
Vulnerability in DirectPlay Could Allow Denial of Service (839643)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-016.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP