Digital Image Suite 2006 and external hard drive

Reaction score
I have lots of digital images that I'd like to store on an external hard drive. When I import these images into Digital Image Suite Library it shows all my folders and place holders for all my images but I don't get thumbnail previews. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the previews to show.

What I find really odd is that out of a folder of 40 images or so 1 or 2 of the thumbnails will show but none of the rest. Some of the images I can open the preview screen and see them and some I can't, it says that it is not a valid file type.

The thing is, when I was using these images files from my internal hard drive everything showed up as it should and quickly. I copied the files to the external drive and now I can't see the previews. The previews work on the images located on the internal drive. I copied those images to an external drive - didn't change anything, just copied - and I'm not able to see them, the acutal picture I mean. I see where they are supposed to be.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks much!
Cheryl

Ask a Question