DEveloper Tool window pops up--why?

Reaction score
I have a laptop. I plug a mouse in via a USB port. The USB connector has a PS/2 connection to connect to the mouse.

Every time I plug this mouse in, when I try to type something into a web page, "Developer Tools" window comes up and I have to click the X to get rid of it. Sometimes that doesn't work the Developer Window and the regular window vibrate, and I have to close both via Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?

I am running windows XP and Explorer 7.
Also, I haven't found an answer to another problem: I am running Explorer & and plan to keep it. I don't want 8. Almost every time I connect to the Internet, I get a pop-up that says "Welcome to Internet Explorer 8" and I have the option to click Ask Me Later or the button that will lead to installation. I don't want it and am sick of this pop-up that takes time away from what I am trying to do. How do I get rid of it forever.

Thanks much for your help.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Your regular windows vibrate? How strange.

Sounds like you have been infected my son. Stay away from those iffy sites.

How do you get rid of it forever?

Format c:

Sorry, but sometimes I just lose it ;)

Reaction score
No, this si not an infection. The window vibrates only sometimes when the developer screen shows up.
This screen appeared on my other computer, too, and there was some way to get rid of it. It has something to do with Developer tools. What I cn't figur eout is how to get rid of this problem.

Ask a Question