Determining Domain Controllers for users

R

Robert Cohen

Hello All,
Maybe someone can help me as I am a little confused. Our organization has two locations which are connected via a Wifi connection (which isn't very quick). Our primary location has 3 domain controllers and we just added a domain controller to our secondary location (with the thought of making things run quicker at our secondary location). The problem is that the domain controller at the secondary location seems to be logging in users at our primary location and vice aversa.
Is there any way to say which computers log onto which domain domain controllers? Or some other simple way to have the computers at location A to log onto a domain controller at location A and the computers at location B to log onto the domain controller at location B?
Please help!

D

Danny Sanders

Set up two "Sites".
See:
How to create and configure an Active Directory Site in Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318480

hth

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

Hello All,
Maybe someone can help me as I am a little confused. Our organization has two locations which are connected via a Wifi connection (which isn't very quick). Our primary location has 3 domain controllers and we just added a domain controller to our secondary location (with the thought of making things run quicker at our secondary location). The problem is that the domain controller at the secondary location seems to be logging in users at our primary location and vice aversa.
Is there any way to say which computers log onto which domain domain controllers? Or some other simple way to have the computers at location A to log onto a domain controller at location A and the computers at location B to log onto the domain controller at location B?
Please help!

R

Robert Cohen

Great, thank you. This appears exactly what I need. And it seems like it should help with the speed of the replication as well. So definetely a bonus

Now I just got to figure out this subnet stuff. I will try to find it through a google search. Our organization uses private ip addresses and links outside with one public ip address. So all our subnet mask addresses are 255.0.0.0 so don't know how to link the different computers with different sites. But I will search google and microsoft for the answer. But if you/anyone has some easy answers/links, please let me know.

Thank you again about the sites information. That is really what I want.

--
Robert Cohen
A legend in his own mind
--

Set up two "Sites".
See:
How to create and configure an Active Directory Site in Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318480

hth

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

Hello All,
Please help!

Ask a Question