Desktop Themes

How can i install a downloaded desktop theme? i recently downloaded a theme
and it was in zipped file then i extracted the file, but when i tried opening
the display properties and tried to browse that in the themes category. there
was nothing in it. the files were not visible. why is that? how can i use the
themes that i downloaded?

Brian A.

Hoppy

Marian wrote on Sun, 28 May 2006 10:58:01 -0700:

M> How can i install a downloaded desktop theme? i recently downloaded a
M> theme and it was in zipped file then i extracted the file, but when i
M> tried opening the display properties and tried to browse that in the
M> themes category. there was nothing in it. the files were not visible.
M> why is that? how can i use the themes that i downloaded?
M> --
M> marian

Go here:
http://georgeh123.blogspot.com/2005/11/desktop-visual-styles-uxtheme-multi.html
and read all about it. Install the patch and play to your heart's content.

You can change your boot screen with Bootskin, also free and safe, available
here:
http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

Have fun.