Desktop Shortcut to All Programs menu

G

Is there a way to create a desktop shortcut (or a Quick Launch shortcut) which will launch the All Programs menu? Using Start/Programs is too slow. Any suggestions? Thanks, Old Mountain Man

M

Michael J. Gregg

Right click the "Start Menu", select "OPEN", then drag the "PROGRAMS" item
to your desktop.

That is basically your Start Menu.

K

Kitty \(aka Jaki01\)

Great tip Michael :))
This way I also have acces through my desktop tool from my taskbar.
although instead of dragging I would use copy to desktop IMHO
--
{{Hugs}} Kitty

G

I turned on the Quicklaunch. If it is not on just right click the taskbar and select Quicklaunch. In my case I removed it from the taskbar and docked it at the top of the screen. Right click on the Quicklaunch bar and and go to the option Toolbars. Here you will find a few defaults you can turn on and off by just left clicking on what you want. If you want to add one that is not listed select New Toolbar and then select a directory to be attached to the Quicklaunch bar. I have mine pointing to the same directories where the Start button is pointed to. I keep that area clean and divided into categories like Business, Graphic, Audio, Multi-Media, Internet, utilities, My Documents and such. Everytime I install a program, I make sure that it is placed in the right category in the Start menu, because when I do that, it automatically updates the Quicklaunch. I persoanlly ste my Quicklaunch to Always on top and hidden

I hope this helps.

G

Thanks to all who responded: Michael J Gregg; Kitty (aka Jaki01) and Mike. I am in business with a fast way to get to my All Programs menu.

Ask a Question