Desktop Icons- text highlight?

Sarah

Hi,

Any time I have a "web Item" on my desktop, the text under the desktop icons
gets highlighted with a blue color! How do I eliminate those colors so that
the text under the icon is not highlighted like before?"

By the way, the "lock web items on desktop" tab is not checked. I read
somewhere that un-checking it may help but it did not!

Please help. Thanks.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab, click on performance settings.
On the Visual Effects tab, enable the line to "use drop shadows for icon
labels on the desktop".

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

David Candy

Don't have web items. Locking web items (even if you don't have any) also causes it, hence the unlock suggestion.

Sarah

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers said:
Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab, click on performance
settings. On the Visual Effects tab, enable the line to "use drop shadows
for icon labels on the desktop".

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Sarah

"Don't have web items”, is this your way of telling me not to have web
items? You're the stupid ignorant ****, your mama's stupid, your whole
****ing ignorant family's stupid. Oh, did I get exited there..I think I did!
Well, let me try again. Write proper ENGLISH and then you can earn the right
to call other people stupid. Until then you are not entitled to…you stupid
****ing fag “candy”..

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Are you stupid. You've been told. Web Items = No tranparancy.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

As David has mentioned, the other common cause is using web items on the
desktop. Removing them under display properties/desktop tab/customize
desktop/web tab is the way to resolve it.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

<heh> Sometimes someone else has to swing the hammer.....

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message