Desktop icons for shutdown, standby, restart, and logoff

Conan Kelly

Hello all,

How do I create desktop icons for shutdonw, standby, restart, and logoff?

I know how to do this on a Win XP (Pro) machine, but Win 2K does not have the Shutdown.exe program in it (not in %windir%\system32
anyways). Can I just copy this file/program from an XP machine an will it function properly on a Win2K machine?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

David Webb

Shutdown.exe for Windows 2000 is available from the Win2K Resource Kit and from
other websites.

Here's the MS article for it:

How To Use the Remote Shutdown Tool to Shut Down and Restart a Computer in
Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317371

Here's where you can download it from:

You can download the Windows 2000 Resource Kit software tools listed on this
page...
http://www.petri.co.il/download_free_reskit_tools.htm

Here's an equivalent product with some enhancements:

PsShutdown
http://www.sysinternals.com/utilities/psshutdown.html

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com> wrote in message
| Hello all,
|
| How do I create desktop icons for shutdonw, standby, restart, and logoff?
|
| I know how to do this on a Win XP (Pro) machine, but Win 2K does not have the
Shutdown.exe program in it (not in %windir%\system32
| anyways). Can I just copy this file/program from an XP machine an will it
function properly on a Win2K machine?

| Thanks for any help anyone can provide,
|
| Conan Kelly

Steve Parry