Desktop & Dialog Box Icons Multiple Selection

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Jul 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box, multiple
    icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I proceed ALL the
    programs are opened. The only way I can stop this happening is to right click
    on an icon and select 'Open'. Please help.
     
    Guest, Jul 8, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Anton Jansen <> wrote:

    > When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box,
    > multiple icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I
    > proceed ALL the programs are opened. The only way I can stop this
    > happening is to right click on an icon and select 'Open'.


    Scan the system for malware and/or connect a different mouse since
    Windows does not show that behavior by default.

    --
    d-d
     
    Detlev Dreyer, Jul 8, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you Detlev, I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, I will look
    into this.

    "Detlev Dreyer" wrote:

    > Anton Jansen <> wrote:
    >
    > > When I double click on an icon on the desktop OR in a dialog box,
    > > multiple icons are randomly selected (they are all highlighted). If I
    > > proceed ALL the programs are opened. The only way I can stop this
    > > happening is to right click on an icon and select 'Open'.

    >
    > Scan the system for malware and/or connect a different mouse since
    > Windows does not show that behavior by default.
    >
    > --
    > d-d
    >
     
    Guest, Jul 9, 2006
    #3
  4. Anton Jansen <> wrote:

    > Thank you Detlev, I have a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse, I will
    > look into this.


    The problem *might* be resolved after replacing the batteries.

    --
    d-d
     
    Detlev Dreyer, Jul 10, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. Syeronne

    Desktop Icons changed to System Icons

    Syeronne, Jan 9, 2004, in forum: Windows XP General
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    435
    Guest
    Jan 9, 2004
  2. envirographics

    Can XP desktop icons be tweaked and ditto folder icons ?

    envirographics, Apr 10, 2004, in forum: Windows XP General
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    629
    Keith Miller
    Apr 10, 2004
  3. Jonathan

    Desktop Icons and Start Menu icons don't execute

    Jonathan, Apr 10, 2004, in forum: Windows XP General
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    658
    Guest
    Apr 11, 2004
  4. Jack Nation

    Show/Hide Desktop Icons selection disappeared?

    Jack Nation, May 12, 2004, in forum: Windows XP General
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    362
    Jack Nation
    May 12, 2004
  5. Laura Heisey
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    733
    Guest
    Sep 23, 2004
  6. Guest

    assigning icons to desktop shortcut icons

    Guest, Oct 28, 2005, in forum: Windows XP General
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,185
    Guest
    Oct 30, 2005
  7. Guest
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    688
    Guest
    Jun 13, 2006
  8. rbd
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    383
Loading...