Desktop Appearance

G

My desktop has a menu bar along the left side of the screen taking up about 20% of that area. Backgrounds do not penetrate it, icons on the desktop can not be re-arranged, changing themes only changes the color of the unwanted menu bar, altering desktop appearance has no effect on it, modifying the desktop through the use of properties tab(s), i.e. THEMES, DESKTOP, SCREENSAVER, APPEARANCE and/or SETTINGS does nothing to eliminate this menu-bar, it simply will not go away with any of my knowledge that I have learned from books and experimentation. Your help concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated as it is a tremendous eye-sore disrupting ALL backgrounds, thanks.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------

| My desktop has a menu bar along the left side of the screen taking up about 20% of that area. Backgrounds
do not penetrate it, icons on the desktop can not be re-arranged, changing themes only changes the color of
the unwanted menu bar, altering desktop appearance has no effect on it, modifying the desktop through the use
of properties tab(s), i.e. THEMES, DESKTOP, SCREENSAVER, APPEARANCE and/or SETTINGS does nothing to eliminate
this menu-bar, it simply will not go away with any of my knowledge that I have learned from books and
experimentation. Your help concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated as it is a tremendous eye-sore
disrupting ALL backgrounds, thanks.

Ask a Question