Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: "~ßïtzChiçk~" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:20:45 GMT
Subject: Re: Equivalent DELTREE /Y *.* command in XP?
~ßïtzChiçk~ said:
Use RD <DIR NAME>

Sorry there is no slash
before the dir name!

Regards
Sheri
--
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we
might
as well dance

Extract yourteeth before replying

Zilbandy View profile
More options Jun 6 2004, 5:44 pm

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: Zilbandy <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:44:24 -0700
From a command prompt, type rd /? to see the options and syntax
use.

That was Fast. I tried RD. It kinda works, but it needs the directory nameto delete it. DELTREE used to work
with the *.* wildcard arg. Any other suggs?

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From (e-mail address removed)>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:11:09 -0700
Zibandy,

Thank you for your reply... As I mentioned, rd /? says that the
directory be specified
in the arg. Deltree does not. It accepts the (quickly becoming
extinct) wildcard arg.

Any other suggestions are helpful.

Thanks...........

----- Zilbandy wrote: -----

From a command prompt, type rd /? to see the options and
syntax to
use.

nesredep egrob

---from archives in this usenet

Use RD /<DIR NAME>

or

REMDIR

Regards
Sheri
--

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: "~ßïtzChiçk~" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:20:45 GMT

Sorry there is no slash
before the dir name!

Regards
Sheri
I am sure you will when in the right directory find that del /s *.* will do the
trick, except you will have to go back up one step and delete the directory like
rm directoryname.

Borge in sunny Perth, Australia