Cannot complete upgrading to XP Pro SP2

cjeffwang

(e-mail address removed) May 19, 1:06 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: (e-mail address removed) - Find messages by this author
Date: 19 May 2005 10:06:00 -0700
Subject: Can not complete upgrading XP Pro SP2
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I have tried to upgrade my Compaq Presario with a XP Home edition to XP

Pro SP2. After finding the path for the igfxcpl (C:\cpqdrv\video), the

Windows still can not start. The error message indicated a probelm with

the newly installed software.

Is the igfxcpl.cpl still the problem or something else?

TIA.

Jeffrey

Actually thier is no "upgrade from home to pro",the "upgrade" is for prior
windows os.To install pro over home,one needs to do a clean installation
of pro,boot to xp cd,select,install xp,new copy,delete the partition (home),
create one,then let xp format the hd and install.