delete recovered message folder

mac

How can I delete folder in left panel "Recovered Messages"

The following method as been reported as being successful, several times.

------

Go to Tools>options>advanced>maintenance>message store.

Select and copy the location.

Cancel your way out of there.

Select the Recovered Message folders and delete them, then empty the deleted
items folder.

Close WM !!!!

Go to Control Panel>classic view (top left)>folder options>view tab>enable
Show hidden Files and Folders>apply/ok your way out.

Now go to the Start Button>Run, and paste the message store location, that
you copied earlier, to the run line>OK

This will open Windows Explorer to your message store, find and delete all
of
the Recovered Message folders.

Close Windows Explorer.

Do not Open WM yet !!!!!

Try using this utility to repair and compact the mail store, with WM closed

WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/

Please read the instructions.

Hopefully, that should sort you out for now.

lazj

Your instructions worked perfectly. Thank you
mac said:
[...]

macdeb

I followed this step to delete the folder and now I cannot send or receive
mail ....and the mail I had cannot be seen. Any ideas?

winner

Can you help me with the process recommend, - I can get to :Maintenance",
but there is no option in maintenace to proceed. I have Vista home premium
32 bit, or is there an alternative procedure.
Please advise at this site, Thank you Winner1

slk759

In "Maintenance" you will see a long pathname to the folder that holds all
of your email messages - this is what is known as the "message store",
a/k/a, "store folder". These instructions have simply asked you to "copy"
that location - you know how to click and drag to "highlight it" and
right-click - copy? You just need to get that copied down so you can
re-enter it later (even if you write it down, but be sure it is correct!).

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

Even if you are successful at removing the "Recovered" folder,
chances are good that it will return since you haven't eliminated the
cause. The easiest fix is simply to upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail

winner

I'm sorry, but I am relatively inexcperienced - I cannot folow your
instructions - can you use more bacic language - I do not know comperrspoeak'

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

I'm sure your local organizations including your community college have
free classes in basic computer terminology.

Note: As a courtesy to your correspondents please enable your spell check.

4

47running

I followed the directions as listed and now not only are the recovered
messages not gone, but I cannot SEND mai, only recieve.... I get this
message....

An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account:
'pop-server.tampabay.rr.com', Server: 'smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server
71.74.56.22 (71.74.56.22:25), connect error 10061', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

The '400'-series server errors (including the '421' error you got) are
temporary errors. Try again later.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)