"Delayed Write Failed"

scc

Have a new Windows 2000 Server network. Server configure
with duplexed drives. Latest Service Pack applied. Legal
firm with 5 new Win XP Home Edition workstations. All
machines with XP Service Pack 1 applied. One machine (the
principal attorney's, of course) continually gives error
message "Delayed Write Failed" when attempting to save or
move files to the new server. Error message is accompanied
with total data lose if new file being saved. Have ensured
80 wire, 40 pin cables in use. Have disabled Enable Write
Caching On The Disc for hard drive. Have disabled force
faster UDMA modes in BIOS. Have reinstalled the
workstation OS and reapllied SP1. All of above has failed
to resolve the "Delayed Write Failed" issue. This one XP
machine appears to be configured exactly like the other
four XP machines, however, it is the only machine with an
issue. All other machines save to server without any
problems.

Can any one PLEASE shed light on this problem or direct me
to additional information on the subject? This ia a known
Microsoft issue that was supposedly rectified in SP1.
Besides appearing foolish to my client, I am at a real
loss as to how to proceed? HELP!!!!

Gratefully,
scc

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Write a File to a Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321733&Product=winxp

"Delayed Write Failed" Error Message When You Manage Files in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330174&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP