defaults & audio players

MR

Hi- I like to use Music match when I download 15 second wav files off the
net to hear speech (TTS) samples. But, ever since my kids used my pc to plug
in their Ipods, my wav files play.........but open up with Quicktime. I dont
like QT & want the wav files I download to automatically open with MMatch as
before.
I tried a few things I know but QT keeps taking over.

Marcy

Hi Ayush! I did that already. Did not work. I went to download 5 seconds of
wav in TTS site, and QT took over and opened the file to hear again. Can I
disable something in QTime? It seems like its the only way but I cant seem
to see what to disable. thank you

--
Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !
Ayush said:
Right click any wav file > Point to "Open with" > Click "Choose Program.."Check the option "Always use the selected program..." > Choose Music match
from the list [ If not there, go to the directory where it is installed
and
double click the main exe file > Choose Ok

| Hi- I like to use Music match when I download 15 second wav files off
the
| net to hear speech (TTS) samples. But, ever since my kids used my pc to
plug
| in their Ipods, my wav files play.........but open up with Quicktime. I
dont
| like QT & want the wav files I download to automatically open with
MMatch
as
| before.
| I tried a few things I know but QT keeps taking over.
|
| --
| Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Andrew Murray

Set up user accounts for your kids do they don't muck up your settings.

Ayush said:
Right click any wav file > Point to "Open with" > Click "Choose Program.."Check the option "Always use the selected program..." > Choose Music match
from the list [ If not there, go to the directory where it is installed
and
double click the main exe file > Choose Ok

| Hi- I like to use Music match when I download 15 second wav files off
the
| net to hear speech (TTS) samples. But, ever since my kids used my pc to
plug
| in their Ipods, my wav files play.........but open up with Quicktime. I
dont
| like QT & want the wav files I download to automatically open with
MMatch
as
| before.
| I tried a few things I know but QT keeps taking over.
|
| --
| Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

Ayush

Open Quick Time > Edit menu > Preference> Quick time preference > Scroll
down to "File type Associations" > Click "File types" > Expand "Audio -..."
Uncheck Wav > Click ok > Close the window > Reassociate your Music match
with wav files

| Hi Ayush! I did that already. Did not work. I went to download 5 seconds
of
| wav in TTS site, and QT took over and opened the file to hear again. Can I
| disable something in QTime? It seems like its the only way but I cant seem
| to see what to disable. thank you
|
| --
| Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !
| "Ayush" <ayushmaan.j[aatt]gmail.com> wrote in message
| | > Right click any wav file > Point to "Open with" > Click "Choose
Program.."

| > Check the option "Always use the selected program..." > Choose Music
match
| > from the list [ If not there, go to the directory where it is installed
| > and
| > double click the main exe file > Choose Ok

| > the
| > | net to hear speech (TTS) samples. But, ever since my kids used my pc
| > plug
| > | in their Ipods, my wav files play.........but open up with Quicktime.
| > dont
| > | like QT & want the wav files I download to automatically open with
| > MMatch
| > as
| > | before.
| > | I tried a few things I know but QT keeps taking over.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !
| > |
| > |

Ayush

Right click any wav file > Point to "Open with" > Click "Choose Program.." >
Check the option "Always use the selected program..." > Choose Music match
from the list [ If not there, go to the directory where it is installed and
double click the main exe file > Choose Ok

| Hi- I like to use Music match when I download 15 second wav files off the
| net to hear speech (TTS) samples. But, ever since my kids used my pc to
plug
| in their Ipods, my wav files play.........but open up with Quicktime. I
dont
| like QT & want the wav files I download to automatically open with MMatch
as
| before.
| I tried a few things I know but QT keeps taking over.
|
| --
| Thanks so very much for your help-! ! ! !

MR

Hi Ayush- I had already tried what you suggested before even posting and the
wave thing is unchecked in Quick time- and it is enabled in MMatch. I dont
like the way that QT takes over. I wonder if the "set program access &
defaults" is where I need to go to accomplish this? I will read more on QT
but, am going around in circles. thanks for helping