Daylight savings reschedules all prior appoinments

G

Hi there

We discovered here in DK, that when going from winter time to summer time, all appointments in Outlook were rescheduled one hour ahead

Now if we remove 'Automatically change daylight savings" and manually sets the time to be correct the issue is resolved in Outlook, however, Windows changes the time by itself back one hour after ½ hour has passed, since the manually update

The real issue here is that our users have to 1) change the time everyday or 2) reschedule all their appointments, which is NOT an option here. That's too immense for most of them. Especially our CEOs

Anyone who can give me a very nice idea of how to actually keeping the auto daylight savings without having Outlook rescheduling all appointments ?

D

Diane Poremsky

if the computers had the correct time, time zones, and DST settings before
the time change, the dates on the appointments will not change. Windows uses
the same DST settings that Outlook uses - disable it in one and it's
disabled in the other.

Set the computer clock so the appointments are correct. Export to Excel.
Move the appointments to a new calendar folder for backup. Fix the clock and
import the appointments.

G

Thanx for the tip. However, I have another issue regarding this. For some reason I cannot delete the existing calendar or move it, so when importing all appoinments are double but with an hour in difference

How do I clear the calendar, after making a backup that is. Any suggestions ?

Ask a Question