DataBase in SubWeb

John Kisha

Here is a problem I am having with a FrontPage Website:

If I create a form in the root web, have the form send the info to a
database, allow FrontPage to create the DB, everything works just fine,
including the DB results page.

If I create a subweb, open the subweb in FrontPage and then try to
create a form and have the results sent to a DB, the DB is created,
including the fpdb folder, the form seems to work, including the
auto-generated response form, but no information is recorded to the
database. In addition, the database results page returns the generic
error: "The operation failed. If this continues, please contact your
server administrator."

Looking under Site Settings, the database is listed there and verified.

I have tried recalculating both the subweb and the root web, running the
check and repair utility, deleting and recreating the subweb, all to no
avail.

I have also tried creating the page in a folder, moving the fpdb folder
into that folder, and when I have tested to make sure everything is
working, making the folder a subweb--of course, as soon as it is made
into a subweb, the form stops working.

Any ideas why this might be happening and how I might correct it?

John Kisha
Inland Pacific Consulting
http://www.VisitUsAt.com
323-463-8300

Thomas A. Rowe

You need to contact your web host, as the application root setting is not being set on the subweb.

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

John Kisha

Thanks.

I have access to the server, how is this corrected?

John Kisha
Inland Pacific Consulting
http://www.VisitUsAt.com
323-463-8300
Posted At: Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:32 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: DataBase in SubWeb
Subject: Re: DataBase in SubWeb

You need to contact your web host, as the application root setting is
not being set on the subweb.

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

Thomas A. Rowe

From the IIS MMC, select the Web, then right click properties, then Home Directory tab, at the
bottom, delete the application and then create or create if not set.

John Kisha said:
[...]

Doing this on the "subweb" fixed the problem. Do you have any idea why
this is not happening automatically when FrontPage creates a subweb?

Thanks you very much for the fix.

John Kisha
Inland Pacific Consulting
http://www.VisitUsAt.com
323-463-8300
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: DataBase in SubWeb

From the IIS MMC, select the Web, then right click properties, then Home
Directory tab, at the

John Kisha said:
[...]

I have no idea why it works some times and other times, not

John Kisha said:
Doing this on the "subweb" fixed the problem. Do you have any idea why
this is not happening automatically when FrontPage creates a subweb?

Thanks you very much for the fix.

John Kisha
Inland Pacific Consulting
http://www.VisitUsAt.com
323-463-8300
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: DataBase in SubWeb

From the IIS MMC, select the Web, then right click properties, then Home
Directory tab, at the