Data Label manually moved

Hi. I have some data labels on a line chart that I have moved manually to
the correct position. When further information is added to the line chart,
is there a way that the manually moved data labels will move automatically to
match their data point?
I want to avoid having to manually move all the data labels again.

Thanks heaps, look forward to having a work around :)

Jim Cone

Excel add-ins to position labels (plus some extras)...

Chart Data Labels, http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Vicki" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hi. I have some data labels on a line chart that I have moved manually to
the correct position. When further information is added to the line chart,
is there a way that the manually moved data labels will move automatically to
match their data point?
I want to avoid having to manually move all the data labels again.

Thanks heaps, look forward to having a work around :)

I was about to post that once a label is moved by hand, Excel stops updating
its position when the data change.

Luckily, I checked 2007 and, when surprised, 2003. In both, Excel does
track the data label relative to wherever it was moved. I tried changing
values and adding new data points and Excel consistently maintained the
relative distance of the label from the data point.

The one exception was when the label would have gone off the chart, in which
case, in 2003 the label disappeared and in 2007 it was shown at the edge.

--

Tushar Mehta
http://www.tushar-mehta.com

Jon Peltier

Tushar -

I never noticed this. In earlier versions, the moved label stayed at the
location it had been moved to. I wonder when they updated this behavior.

- Jon