Dam and Blast

Reaction score
Hi all sorry to have been off line for the last couple of days as someone hijacked my email address and I was getting thousands of advertising emails of a unsavory nature and between my service provider and me we were able to resolve the issue. At the moment I am having to rebuild software wise the PC and at the moment am rebuilding software and the service provider has blocked the offender from their servers but of course I have lost a lot of data and my music collection which amounts to over 300 CD which will take quite a time to redownload. Hence apologises, if over the next couple of weeks should I miss anything. One thing I have learned is to back up your PC regularly on to an external drive and be more security wise, which I was I thought I was but obviously NOT. Be aware that there people out there that will hijack your email address, having said that I was unaware that it could be done, but now I now know.

Reaction score
It seems that it was a hi jack ether from me OR from one of the people who write to me on email. My service provider has banned their IP address and their other identifying source codes from their servers so should not be getting any more. I do not know what country they came from, or how they got my address, but I had hundreds and hundreds of the dam things, and as soon as I deleted them with a few minutes there would be another hundred or so in my in box.:mad::mad::mad:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that @bootneck :(

Goes without saying that backups and good passwords are essential nowadays. Don't envy you having to rip all your CDs again! At least it'll keep you out of mischief ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Becky, I do not know how they got my address but they had, the only way is that they had hacked it from someones address book, I and my Internet Provider have now idea how they had got it.

Ask a Question