ctrl enter stopped working

Andre

IE6 6.0.2800.1106

All the sudden, I'm no longer able to use ctrl enter to add www and .com to
my web addresses. Any ideas why? Or more importantly, how can I fix this?

Thanks, Andre

DVarnau

- - - Repost - - -
From Henri

1st remove the parasite that caused this.

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Registry Solution:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoCo
mplete]
"Append Completion"="no"
"Use AutoComplete"="yes"
"AutoSuggest"="no"

Changing "Append Completion" from "no" to "yes" will restore the function.
Or:
Tools\Internet options\Advanced tab
Check "Use inline autocomplete"
apply and okay your way out.
- - - end repost - - -

Don

Andre

Thank you! I'd already run ad-aware and got rid of the spyware, so I knew
it wasn't that. But changing "use inline autocomplete" did the trick for
me.

I appreciate your help - especially because I'd really gotten used to it!

Andre

DVarnau said:
- - - Repost - - -
From Henri

--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com