ctrl + enter not working

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

zero said:
I´m using explorer 6 (spanish) I use a lot ctrl + enter in address
bar for completing www. and .com, but it is not working....

If I type : mydomain
I get:

http://search.latam.yupimsn.com/results.aspx?srch=105&FORM=AS5&q=mydomain

Any clue?
Thanks!

Get and run these programs (if you test after each one you can stop when
the problem is gone):
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
and
Spybot - Search & Destroy -
http://security.kolla.de/
http://security.kolla.de/index.php?lang=en&page=download
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.tomcoyote.org/SPYBOT/
Once installed make sure to update via online before scanning!
and
BHO Demon: http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/

Until the problem is solved.

Further advice available here:

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

zero said:
Yes all tree.
BHO found innofensive items I´ve alway used.

Lavasoft Ad Aware removed some spyware but the problem continues,
Spybot found same things...
Hijackthis log I´ve posted to experts they say theres nothing bad
there...

The only thing worked was msconfig and perform a clean boot...

When restarted normal, it comes back....
I'm glad that you got it working.
I wish I knew why that worked, though.

H Leboeuf

Question: My CTRL+ENTER keys (which adds www.???.com to a word in the
address bar stopped working.
How do I get back this functionality?

Solution:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoCo
mplete]
"Append Completion"="no"
"Use AutoComplete"="yes"
"AutoSuggest"="no"

Changing "Append Completion" from "no" to "yes" will restore the function.

If you have Yahoo companion, have a look at this.

From: "michel guimond" submitted in a news group.
Subject: When I launch an instance of IE6, it seems to launch the next
instance of the window, but then it closes it and launches the new one over
the existing one. Thus, I can't have multiple instances of I.E. running.
Very frustrating.

Solution: Yahoo Companion.
I uninstalled it and I'm now able to open new windows (Ctrl-N or
File/new/window)