Crysis on Win 10?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had a yen to play Crysis again and wondered if it would run on Win 10. A search revealed that it worked for most people but wouldn't work on some people's machines.

So I decided to give it a go but it froze after I entered the install code on this screen:

crysis install.JPG

I was trying to install from the retail version 'Maximum Edition' which includes the original Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis wars plus a documentation disk.

Anybody else tried installing Crysis on Win 10?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
try compatibility mode, no?

Win 10 Gaming mode? (it doesn't really work for games, but you could try it out for us all)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Um, a bit red-faced here....

I tried installing it again and left it on the above screen. 40 minutes later it was installed. And it runs ok.

Only problem is, even though I unticked the option to install Gamespy it seems it did try and install either Gamespy or something similar because every time I boot now I get a couple of related messages telling of errors.

Lets see if there's an uninstall option in the Control Panel for any Gamespy type program.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Update: Gamespy had been installed or partially installed and was listed in Control Panel so I got shot of it.

Crysis Warhead won't run though, it needed to verify the disc authenticity and gave a link to a website to do the checking. Trouble is, that website no longer exists so I was fubar'd.

The problem is listed at EA and they gave a download, a file to replace the games .exe file but it didn't work.

I am reminded why I always disliked EA/Origin and their Nazi-like DRM was one of those reasons. I paid money for this game package, they say it will run on Win 10 but as can be seen from my experience - it will not.

Ask a Question