Crysis 3

CSB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

You may have experienced something similar to me too in regards to downloading the updat for this game via Origin. I get a really slow download speed for the patch and it goes from saying 1 hours to nearly 4 so I cancel and give up. Still tried the game of course but havn't gone any further than the first level when ou get the bow handed to you.

Any resolution for this? My internest is fine with everything else. Can't believe my system won't play it on max with a high frame rate. Deffinately not going to spend another 400 squids on a 680 just so I can.

P.s. In my own place now and is why I have been away for so long. Hope all is well and glad to be back with an aim to stay.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
For Crysis 3 EA's origin is required.

Therefore my good self will not be purchasing Crysis 3.

I hope all players seriously enjoy their paid for 'DLC' and paid for 'In game enhancements' (or whatever they call the act of charging you cash to progress within a game).

Did I mention I don't like EA? :)

It's possible all game vendors may go that way but we still do have Bethesda with open source mods and very reasonable add-on 'DLC's

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just let it run, you may find it picks up after a time. :)

TBH, Origin, as much as i dont like it it does work pretty well, and i do always get good DL speeds from it for BF3.

Would rather play BF3 though Steam mind you .;)

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the replies. Been really busy again with all the stuff in te house and trying to unpack and install curtains rails and new units bought from Ikea lol

I'll try downloading the patch again on my next day off which is this Thursday and will see how that goes. I did leave it going for about 1 hr and half before this post and thats when it said it still had 4 hours to go or something. So I gave up again and had another quick go as the game is without any patch. I'm only getting about 3fps if I turn of a few of the extreme settings etc so it aint too bad. I would love a 680 but just dont have the money.

Also trying to sell a few of my things too (not PC based). I used to collect Capcom/Street Fighter figures which I still have a few off after selling the majority on rip off ebay/paypal.

A couple are of Chin Li and Cammy in their original boes unopened still and complete with stands. I've recently sold quite a chunk of my retro video games to a mate in work too, so that was good to help create some space.

Anyway, thanks again for your time as I always appreciate it. I'll let you know how the download goes and I hope you're all doing good?

Rob

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
We got about the same setup CSB and Crysis 3 rips my beast apart on the highest settings, its just how it is! Forget a 680 ya need a Titan ;)

Edit: My settings in advance graphics options are all on High, 16x AF, Lens flare medium and motion blur on, then in the graphic settings I just got system on high, msaa 4x, 1080 res, v sync on and testure res high. It runs above 30fps at all time and looks gorgeous to be fair.

Last edited:

CSB

Reaction score
LOL Reefsmoka. I just realised I made a typo in my last reply. I'm sure you guys knew I meant 30 FPS and not just 3 :eek:. Reminds me of the problems I had when I first set up the GTX580 and I was having those terrible frame rate issues. The card was installed correctly, but all I did was take it out and in again and hey presto all was fine. I'm glad it wasn't the CPU as those take a bit more effort to take out and re-install.

I need to time travel and get me a GTX 5000 with twin exhausts and go faster stripes paint job for this game lol. By that time, you'll probably need a small nuclear reactor in every home to power it:lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've actually been considering either a second 670 or a Titan, Damn 120Hz monitor....! I must be mad... :blush:

CSB

Reaction score
Never heard about the Titan. How is this one meant to be the cream of the crop and better than others? Also how much do they cost and I suppose they are probably hard to get hold of.

P.s. I like your current card VR

Attachments

• Gigabyte.jpg
    Gigabyte.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Titan :eek:

Titan in name, Titan in price... :D

So, will you be investing the price of a second hand motor in a new graphics card El Floppo?

Will I **** :lol:

CSB

Reaction score
LOL Flops. Me neither, but was a nice thought for all of 5 seconds. I need a second hand car actually :lol:

Car or graphics card .. hmmmmmm ...... something which will only give you some extra power screen wise or some engine power to get me from A to B lol

Ask a Question