Credit to Bill Gate

John Bailo

Ok, I have to give that Bill Gate credit where credit is due...

I put a CD in my windos 1900 workstation. it has wm9 on it and i just
instlled real player one as well.

as soon as i put the cd in, wm9 fired up and started playing, meanwhile
rp1 was also /trying/ to start up and then finally did and asked me some
stupid question about my /media library/.

by that time, i was 30 seconds into the first song...so of course I shut
down Real.

dam, those m$ boys are _bad_

Tom Shelton

Ok, I have to give that Bill Gate credit where credit is due...

I put a CD in my windos 1900 workstation. it has wm9 on it and i just
instlled real player one as well.

as soon as i put the cd in, wm9 fired up and started playing, meanwhile
rp1 was also /trying/ to start up and then finally did and asked me some
stupid question about my /media library/.

by that time, i was 30 seconds into the first song...so of course I shut
down Real.

dam, those m$ boys are _bad_

I hate real player. It is a hog. I like wmp 9 series - except for one
problem... It apparently has a memory leak. I can't leave it running
all the time (down in the tool bar) or it crashes (not the OS, wmp).
So, I am just continuing to use WinAmp 5...

Prai Jei

John Bailo (or somebody else of the same name) wrote in message
Ok, I have to give that Bill Gate credit where credit is due...

I put a CD in my windos 1900 workstation. it has wm9 on it and i just
instlled real player one as well.

as soon as i put the cd in, wm9 fired up and started playing, meanwhile
rp1 was also /trying/ to start up and then finally did and asked me some
stupid question about my /media library/.

by that time, i was 30 seconds into the first song...so of course I shut
down Real.

dam, those m$ boys are _bad_

I've disabled Media Player in my system - by renaming it since there seemed
to be no other way of shutting it up. Haven't got Winamp but I've written
my own little CD controller prog in VB.

Unfortunately I am still using Windows XP. But this new Windos 1900 sounds really cool. :)
Sadly, it was probably not Bill Gates who developed or has any knowledge of the feature you are refering to. Instead it was most likely some poor developer in a third world country that Bill is paying $10.00 a week for. So I refrain from giving Bill credit on that one. Instead I encourage all to give credit to the real champions of this newsgroup that provide an excellent source for developers.

----- Prai Jei wrote: -----

John Bailo (or somebody else of the same name) wrote in message
instlled real player one as well.
rp1 was also /trying/ to start up and then finally did and asked me some
stupid question about my /media library/.

I've disabled Media Player in my system - by renaming it since there seemed
to be no other way of shutting it up. Haven't got Winamp but I've written
my own little CD controller prog in VB.

microsoft

get rid of wm9 & realplayer, try iTunes.

--
Paul Townsend
Spirit has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

Interchange the alphabetic elements to reply