Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation knows how to get things done

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Credit should always be given to folk who try. I'm not a big fan of Microsofts business practices however the Gates Foundation looks as though they are putting something back into the comunnity, so well done to them.

"The US has more than 120,000 schools, hospitals, and libraries, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation believes that they can all have fiber optic Internet for $5 billion-$10 billion."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-hopes-to-bring-fiber-to-school-hospitals.ars

What are the chances of BT doing the same over here. ;)

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Credit should always be given to folk who try. I'm not a big fan of Microsofts business practices however the Gates Foundation looks as though they are putting something back into the comunnity, so well done to them.

"The US has more than 120,000 schools, hospitals, and libraries, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation believes that they can all have fiber optic Internet for $5 billion-$10 billion."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-hopes-to-bring-fiber-to-school-hospitals.ars

What are the chances of BT doing the same over here. ;)
Hi Abarbarian.
In reply to your question re BT..........none at all.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
BT suck large hairy ones :)

So do gates and his missus, imo.

Call me cynical but he's spending that money just as a PR exercise to excuse himself from ripping off a large chunk of the world's population through his closley guarded monopoly.

Fibre optics is small change to bill.

Ask a Question