CREATIVE Zen Micro Review

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
1: you can transfer tracks to the zen micro with any program that you like not just the creative program that comes with the dievce

What kind of programs can you use to transfer tracks to zen micro?
Could you please tell me some names of the programs,and possibily where to download/buy the applications.
Thanks a lot.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
you can use wmp10 but what i use is musicmatch jukebox it is probably the best program out there imo and has some great features when syncing your music player like duplicate track finder and some others if you do get musicmatch jukebox it is best to buy musicmatch plus i got it and it is loads better than basic

Reaction score
Hi!

Having some real problems backing up my music onto my pc. I'm trying to use the synchronisation feature on Creatve Mediasource but out of over 1000 tracks it can only back up around 100, stating 'errors encountered'. Really want to back up my music so I update the firmware on my zen. Does anybody know why I'm having this problem? Is there another program I can use? I've tried musicmatch, but it doesn't seem to recognise my zen and the 'Portable Device' button is not highlighted.

Please help!

Thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No need to use bold, thanks. :)

How does the Zen show up in My Computer?

Can you open it just like any file and then cut/copy/paste as you would normally?

Reaction score
So it does! So I guess that means I can just open it up and copy all of the files into another folder?
In that case, what is the point in ever using mediasource etc for synchronising?!
Any idea why my Zen is not coming up in musicmatch?

That's great, cheers VR!

Reaction score
Actually, that sounded good, but doesn't work. For some reason, when I right click on the files, the only option I get is Delete, I cannot cut or copy! How very annoying!

Any more help would be greatly appreciated!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
P.S said:
In that case, what is the point in ever using mediasource etc for synchronising?!
Dunno, i dont use it, i find Windows Media Player 10 works for me.

Any idea why my Zen is not coming up in musicmatch?
That i dont know, never used that software.

Actually, that sounded good, but doesn't work. For some reason, when I right click on the files, the only option I get is Delete, I cannot cut or copy! How very annoying!
Any more help would be greatly appreciated!
Hmmm, i dont get that myself......
OK, plan B, have you tried draging and dropping the files into a new folder?
Or use the keyboard shortcuts?
Ctrl + X is the same as Cut
Ctrl + C is the same as Copy
Ctrl + V is the same as Paste

If that dont work then we will try something new. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
By the way the firmware update shouldn't delete your tunes. but a back up is still a good idea.

Have you not got your music on your pc to start with?

Reaction score
No once I've converted cds to mp3 I transfer them onto my zen and then remove them form the PC, space saving! But now seeing why keeping them on there would be a good idea!

Anyway think I've done it now, tried everything to copy from just opening up the zen in my computer, but couldn't do it. Ended up going to 'Zen Micro Media Explorer' in My Computer 'Organize Music in my Device' and copying all of the files from there, what a pain!

Can you copy files from your Zen to your PC using WMP10 then? I can see that you can copy from PC to Zen, but can't see how you can do it the other way?

Really appreciate your help!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted, But Unless your really short on space i'd leave them on the pc. :thumb:

Can you copy files from your Zen to your PC using WMP10 then? I can see that you can copy from PC to Zen, but can't see how you can do it the other way?
Without looking i am not sure, Have just got in the door from work so will look later. But i think you have to do that via the creative software.......

:)

Ask a Question