CPU Temp

Reaction score
:blush: Just checking that my core temp are OK and not overheating:

Core 0 running 50 c max
Core 1 -//- 42 c max
Core 2 -//- 46 c max
Core 3 -//- 42 c max

I have the TJ Max set at 100 c.

Am OK or should I set the TJ max lower. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
I am using WCG and and the temps have risen a few degrees since and the CPU is running obviously higher up to 82% but mainly in the 60's/70's %

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
39C-ish is the std thermal cut on your CPU before the CPU will "throttle" back, my words, not Intel, providing you are using the Intel bundled HSF

Bottom line, you well in tolerance, and shouldn't actually need to alter anything.

Be aware, however, that WCG is a good program to use to test out any thermal anomolies, I'd say a wee bit better than some of these "test" programs you can buy. ;)

I can't remember, but I think WCG's initial install only runs at about 60% ... I'm sure others that are still "crunching" can verify.

Glad to have you onboard. :thumb:

:user:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
I can't remember, but I think WCG's initial install only runs at about 60% ... I'm sure others that are still "crunching" can verify.

:user:

60% would be correct

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your temps are fine, dont worry. :)

Reaction score
:blush: Over the weekend I saw the temp rising on my CPU up to just over 60c. Scratch head I wonder what is causing this I have got two dam great fans at the front of the case, a dirty great one side, rear and top. So decides to give it a clean out, not much muck inside then I remember there is a filter at the covering the front fans. Well you couldn't see through it it was so blocked up, cleaned it out CPU temps down to normal. I have now realised what caused the problem, one of my border collies follows me everywhere and when I am on the PC he lays down infront of the PC front grill and the fans were dragging in the dust and lose hair into the filter so now I have to stop him laying down near the PC, he is not happy.:wall:

Ask a Question