Quad core cpu which software?

Reaction score
Hi, I've been advised by two people that when using a quad core cpu with Win XP Pro, the software will only operate 2 of the cores. This is because Microsoft/Win XP regards each core as a separate computer. It should only recognize a single core but Microsoft has allowed it to install and recognize a max of two cores. There is an upgrade available, but costs mucho money. Can anyone shed light on this please.
If this is the case, would the same apply to Win7?
What would be the chances of software and add-ons that are around 8 or 9 years old that I use for recording songs, actually working with Win7?
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish - XP will recognise all 4 cores and work fine with a quad core cpu :nod:
Older software may struggle with Windows 7 - you need to go to the manufacturers site or google to see if they are compatible .

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, Ady's right, sounds like somebody is after your money with false pretences.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I can upgrade without any concerns now.
Thanks again.

Ask a Question