CPU is unworkable but my PC is stil working!?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have installed a new motherboard. Everytime when I start up the computer. A error message pops up :

" CPU is unworkable or has been changed. Please recheck - CPU SOFT MENU"

I checked the SOFT MENU but it seems fine.

Anyone knows what happen???

Waiting

Reaction score
Check the battery on the motherboard, and that the CMOS jumper is in the right place.

It sounds like BIOS is being reset every time you turn off power.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Where does the error message pop-up?

Within POST sequence or within Windows? (assuming it is a Windows setup).

If you've changed the Motherboard and kept your old hard disk/operating system, that's likely to cause the problem.

Nine times out of ten, changing motherboard will require a fresh install of OS.

This is because all drivers for motherboard functions will be set in old version of Windows, they need to changed to accomodate new motherboard.

Reaction score
I had this probelm once with my last PC, just go into the BIOS and load either fail-safe defaults or optimised defaults.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Where does the error message pop-up?

Within POST sequence or within Windows? (assuming it is a Windows setup).

If you've changed the Motherboard and kept your old hard disk/operating system, that's likely to cause the problem.

Nine times out of ten, changing motherboard will require a fresh install of OS.

This is because all drivers for motherboard functions will be set in old version of Windows, they need to changed to accomodate new motherboard.

The message appears before the window starts up. I have reinstalled the OS already. Is it just a minor problem?

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
I had this probelm once with my last PC, just go into the BIOS and load either fail-safe defaults or optimised defaults.

I did it last time to my old motherboard and then it died! I don't know if I should do it again because my last motherboard was A-bit. This time I got a new A-bit motherboard again:confused:

Ask a Question