cpu cooler differences

Flasherly

Have a 478 P4 single-core 3Ghz in a consequently smaller CPU cooler
factor, than a larger 775 CPU cooler in a dual core 2.66 config. Ran
the socket 478 at 140 deg. F yesterday over some encodes. Setup the
dual core tonight, beside it, migrating and tweaking stuff in to move
over eventually to the dual core, and it never budged over 79 deg. F.
With no encodes, the single core is running 105F ambiently.

Both are copper heatwick coolers. 478 has a ThermalTake about 3/4"
the size of a baseball, and the 775 has CoolerMaster about the size of
a fair-sized grapefruit.

Discounting two old processors that aren't especially power efficient,
that's still 25 degrees difference, or 6 degrees below for the socket
775 in a room temperature at 85F. As in way low, almost enough to
wonder if something oddball is going on with the CPU sensor. (Antec
all aluminum case with a suck HD mounting engineered design. HDs
report 116F in there, whereas in the other, also Antec case, 300
series w/ conventional steel and better cross-flow, HD temps are along
100F. May end up as well swaping cases for mo' work. Damn.)

Carpe_Diem

Op 30/05/2013 12:58, Flasherly schreef:
[...]

....and your question is...?

Flasherly

...and your question is...?

That validity within suppositional objectivity cannot be outside from
an inevitable set of predeterminates relating to the singularity of
any given clause?

larrymoencurly

CPU coolers can vary a lot in performance. Did FrostyTech.com
publish reviews for those two coolers?

Flasherly

CPU coolers can vary a lot in performance. Did FrostyTech.com
publish reviews for those two coolers?

Got the 478 thermaltake off ebay for $10 shipped to me, and the 775
coolermaster not to much more, rather only thing I kept off a MB deal
(4 ordered items) gone bad and into filing a dispute against them.

The thermaltake I've already been living with in a system for a couple
years, (ASUS mb I started with a pretty cool stock Celeron D, and its
Intel cooler, probably 5 years ago), whereas the coolermaster will be
its replacement from a Newegg Gigabyte MB that's been sitting around
awhile on the backburner for another ebay Intel dual-core.

That 775 at 79 degrees F for a dual core, though, when it's pushing 85
in the house. . .just struck me odd. Can't be or stay there or I've
got a screwy sensor reading (checked it thru the BIOS, Everest &
Speedfan). Hell's just outside at the door, where the wind doesn't
get much into at a corner of the house, where it'll regularly reach
120F going into late afternoons after the sun goes over the roof and
beats down.

The HDs you'd have to see to believe. Antec Lanboy case, they've got
individual aluminum "shrouds" the HDs go inside prior to mounting.
Raises the HD temps by 10-15deg. F. I'll drill out holes, put the HDs
and stack them on blocks of wood, tie wraps, wires. . .anything other
or had it with that crap. Totally unacceptable.

For the money the CPU coolers are better than stock, just thinking
I'll have to sit on that CoolerMaster with the system up and running
awhile to see what's up with that.

John Doe

Meaningless troll...

From: Carpe_Diem <carpe.diem gmail.com>