Cornwall 2009

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Today in St Ives..came right up to the jetty with a m8 , more pics to follow..weather not good but having a great time...Shark and Tornado left to take lol

DSC_0047.jpg

seal.jpg

It were a pair of Atlantic seals...;)

Last edited:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great pics Rush, the Atlantic seals were very obliging! Must have been lovely to actually be there and see them. :thumb: :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice pics Rush, especially that last one :)

I've hardly seen any seals in the wild before (only on Coquet island in Northumberland), the little baby ones are so funny to watch :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Even at Lizard point seals were seen...so in 2 resorts i have seen 4 seals...remarkably really..want to go to Senna Cove...maybe a basking shark or two weather permitting...The ones at St Ives were staged really as a couple of lads actually had mackeral at hand to feed them ...but they were wild as they did live in a large piece of water ..ie..North Atlantic lol

Reaction score
Great pics Rush.

I'm going to start sorting out my pictures from my holiday tomorrow and hopefully upload them on Friday.

Reaction score
Nice shots there dude...its amazing that the seals came near ya's at all....what kind of camera did ya use there??
Its also amazing how a few nice pix can inspire people....there's WiZ sortin his pix out and i've been playing around with Serif for most of the evening trying to enhance a few shots i took on a dodgy camera in Egypt last year.
Got very sick over there too but it was worth the trip.

Zzzzz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Camera was Nikon D50 with a 55-300mm lens and a old manual Nikon macro lens...Seals were about 25foot away

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice pics. Wish I was sat watching the waves in yer pic. Have a luverly time an I hope the sun gets out for you.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
You can with a Nikon

Rush said:
Camera was Nikon D50 with a 55-300mm lens and a old manual Nikon macro lens...Seals were about 25foot away

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a Nikon too.
Enjoy your hols.

Cool shots from 25 ft.

Zzzzz

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Sat watching the waves for ages, lovely day but wow that sea takes no prisoners...image it in a force 10 gale....

Ask a Question