Copying styles

REM

Hi,
I am trying to get the same format on two pcs. I have copied the
normal.dotm to both but on one the Heading 1 style has a number and on
the other it has a bullet. Is there any way to ensure that styles are
consistently applied?
Thanks,
Rod

Stefan Blom

Make sure you put Normal in the correct folder (the user templates folder, as listed in the File Locations dialog box).

Another important thing to consider: it is an actual Normal template (created by Word and modified to suit your needs) that you are replacing? Simply renaming a custom template to "Normal.dotm" is not recommended, as only Word can create the Normal template properly.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP