copying email files on USB

Reaction score
I just purchased a new comp with windows 8 which I don't understand at all yet. I need to study. Can anyone tell me how to copy all my emails, sent, inbox and other file in one swoop on a USB to be loaded on my new machine. Would be grateful for a simple bit of advice as I am not a geek.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
What e-mail client were you using on your old computer ? What e-mail client will you be using on your new computer.
And if yo don't like Windows 8, you can downgrade to W7/Vista or XP. Have a look at THIS

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Windows 8's built-in mail app doesn't support POP connections ... The first time you open Windows Mail, if the program doesn't recognize your login email address as Outlook or Hotmail.com, it asks you if that address is POP, IMAP or Exchange.

If you select POP, it rudely tells you that Mail doesn't support POP3 accounts and that you should get an IMAP or Exchange account instead.

setup your mail client (gmail or such) to IMAP

The simple solution, especially if you don't have a touch screen, is to upgrade to Win7. :)

Ask a Question