copy data from one excel workbook to another workbook using macro

Reaction score
Hi,
I m a new user of this forum and very novice in "macro". Please help me to do the following requirement:

1) I've an excel workbook named "FUP Filter.xls" and another file named "DHK Report.xls".
2) Everyday I need to copy all the data from file "DHK Report.xls" & paste them into "FUP Filter.xls" workbook as the data change everyday of "DHK Report" workbook.

Now I want to do this copy-paste work with macro (which will do my work automatically) instead of doing manually.

Reaction score
Hi Ashikqubee,

Your request is not very clear, I'm afraid.

How any Worksheets are in the Workbook "DHK Report.xls", and do you need to copy them all to "FUP Filter.xls", or just some/one of them?

Or do you need to copy all the cells of each Worksheet in the Workbook, or just a selection of them?

It might even be that you don't need to write a macro for this, but merely reference cells in "FUP Filter.xls" by Paste Link, which would update more or less in real time. However, as I say, it's not very clear what you're after.

For a beginner with VBA, the simplest way I can suggest to you would be to start out by Recording macros in a couple of empty Workbooks, then viewing the code to see how it all works. You can then copy and paste the output of the recorded macro, and edit the references to suit your needs.

If you can give me more details, then maybe I can help you to write something that will do what you need.

Good luck with it anyway.

Reaction score
HI Nomadscot,
Thank u very much for ur reply.
I'v found a macro code and also I can modified it, by which I can perform the following task just I wanted to do:

1) automatically open the files (4) that I want
2) copy specific column from one workbook to another workbook. ........

Now I've some idea about macro.

Thnx

Reaction score
Hey that's great news. Well done.

Whenever you get stuck in future, try recording a macro in a different workbook to see if that will help.

If it works out, then you can just copy and paste it, tand edit the references as needed.

Otherwise, of course, you can always try forums - but I think everyone is still a little hungover just now!

:)

Ask a Question