Coolermaster CM690 case

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just got my Cooler Master CM690 couple days ago, there are a few guides and reviews out there for this case, but I decided to write one of my own.

A friend of mine recently got this case and I fortunately enough to check it out in first person. I was really impressed by the entire case. It has a lot of room for a "mid" tower and good tool-less devices. I was even more impressed by checking its price which is just around £50 that I ordered one straight away.

Let see some pics!!!

With everything unwrapped, here is what the case looks like. I like its design very much, really appreciate the low-key classic theme and mesh finish that goes up the front and along the top. Beyond styling, my preliminary though of CM690 is serious about cooling: the front and top are completely filtered mesh, the back has pre-installed water-cooling holes, and there are fans or fan slots for everywhere.

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Reaction score
IMG_0025.jpg

The USB, Firewire, and audio “front-panel ports” are on the top for this case, which is useful if you like to keep your case under your desk. On to the inside, there is a accessory box with a manual, 3.5in mesh bezel, motherboard standoffs and a tie down for cables. The most outstanding feature I think is the cable-management system. Black clips run along the edges of the motherboard for routing PSU and other types of cables. Moving down to the bottom of the case, we see that they have added some vibration dampening foam and rubber feet to the PSU housing for vibration and noise control, another nice attention to detail.
IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Reaction score
IMG_0003.jpg

Cooler Master has made this case entirely tool-less. The 3.5 bays are very basic, simply lift up a clip and then drop it back down when the screw-holes are aligned, sliding the clip to lock it in position.

IMG_0006.jpg

Move on to the HD bay, the case holds up to 5 hard drives which are next to a fan. To remove the tray, you push the tabs together and the tray slides out.

IMG_0007.jpg

Reaction score
To install the drive into the tray, you simply bend the tray, drop the drive in and unbend it

For the PCI slots, you push down on the "arc" while pushing it back through the case. The first time you do it, it seems awkward, but it quickly becomes easy.
IMG_0005.jpg

Here you can see some of the fans and fan ports included in the CM690. There is a lot of room for expansion, but they did not skimp on the number of included fans. Each fan is rated at 21dBA (about whisper quiet), which should come in handy if each fan port is filled up.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Reaction score
IMG_0013.jpg

The case is larger and roomier than most mid-tower cases. The tool-less devices working in order and the cable-management features are very practical. This case is a steal for around £50 and spare you few more money on new system.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Thats a pretty nice case, looks rather roomy so building in it shouldnt be a problem.

good review :)

Ask a Question