Control Panel, Internet Explorer VERY slow to respond

G

For some reason, my Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Control Panel are VERY slow to respond (takes about two minutes). Everything else works fine (using Netscape for Internet and it is fine). Any ideas?

M

Matthew Shaw

Those three that you mention are pretty much the same app...

Since Netscape works fine I would say that it is infected with spyware ect.,
uninstall any extra toolbars (hotbar ect.), run adaware (search for it on
google)...the usual stuff (I'm in a hurry so I'm sure someone else will give
you some more help). Also, try clearing your cache (Settings>Internet
Options>Delete temporary internet files)

Mike L. said:
For some reason, my Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Control Panel
are VERY slow to respond (takes about two minutes). Everything else works
fine (using Netscape for Internet and it is fine). Any ideas?

G

I currently have this same problem and I have not found a way to get rid of it. Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer and CP are extremely slow to respond.

The only thing that I've done recently is attempted to installed developing tools, specifically, Apache HTTP server, PHP, and MySQL.. I did this using Windows XP installers all put out by the respecting developers.. I noticed the problem a day later and uninstalled all 3 services, undid everything the PHP Developers Handbook had me do.. this is a book that would allow me to practice PHP/MySQL on my windows machine at home.. It has gotten many great reviews for success so I doubt that is my problem.

This affects no other programs, only the three that I've listed!! What possibly can be doing this, and how can we get rid of it?

----- Mike L. wrote: ----

For some reason, my Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, and Control Panel are VERY slow to respond (takes about two minutes). Everything else works fine (using Netscape for Internet and it is fine). Any ideas?

Ask a Question